They want to build a second
distribution center headquarters campus and have some requirements.
HQ2 could be, but does not have to be:
- An urban or downtown campus
- A similar layout to Amazon’s Seattle campus
- A development-prepped site. We want to encourage states/provinces and communities to think creatively for viable real estate options, while not negatively affecting our preferred timeline
- Proximity to population center: 30 Miles
- Proximity to International airport: Within approx. 45 Minutes
- Proximity to major highways and arterial roads: Not more than 1-2 Miles
- Close to major arterial roads to provide optimal access
- Access to mass transit: At site
- Direct access to rail, train, subway/metro, bus routes
Hm, sounds like Newark to me. Airport, workers, easy access to all means of transport, highways, the entire Northeast, hell everywhere.